WHENFebruary 17, 2018 at 12pmWHEREPark Nine Diner, Highway 9, Freehold, NJ
WHENFebruary 17, 2018 at 11amWHEREThe Manalapan Diner, Highway 9, Manalapan, NJ
Dr. Felicia Stoler, America’s Health & Wellness Expert™, is a registered dietitian nutritionist, exercise physiologist and expert consultant in disease prevention, wellness and healthful living. She has a bachelors degree in political science and sociology from Tulane University, a masters degree in applied physiology and nutrition from Columbia University and doctorate in clinical nutrition from Rutgers University. Felicia has been a lifelong volunteer serving on many local, state and national committees related to health and wellness. She has been on the Governor appointed NJ Council For Physical Fitness, Sports and Nutrition for fifteen years.
Felicia is Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine, a Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics; and a Council member of the True Health Initiative. She is a Diplomate in Lifestyle Medicine for the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine and the American College of Lifestyle Medicine.
Dr. Stoler hosted the second season of TLC's groundbreaking series Honey, We're Killing the Kids! and the author of Living Skinny in Fat Genes™: The Healthy Way to Lose Weight and Feel Great (Pegasus). She is a medical journalist who has been a contributor for USA Today, FoxNews.com, the Patch.com, Active.com and written several book chapters. Dr. Stoler authored ACSM’s Sports Medicine Basics on Childhood Obesity. Felicia has been adjunct faculty at Brookdale Community College, Kean University and Rutgers University. She has been a mentor and preceptor in the health field. Her first job out of college was as a paralegal the Wall Street law firm – Milbank Tweed. From there she worked at the ABC News Network doing licensing.
Felicia is one of the most sought-after nutrition/fitness experts for TV, radio, newspapers, online and magazines in the US. She has appeared many times on Fox and Friends, ABC News, NBC News and CBS News nationally and has been on just about every local TV station in the US. She is passionate about helping people live healthier lives. She maintains a private practice in Red Bank, NJ and has a production company called Jersey Girls Productions. She is the mother of two teenagers and lives in Holmdel, NJ.
Awards/Volunteer Work Include:
- 2013 Woman of Valor Honoree The Jewish Federation of Monmouth County - recognized for outstanding Hurricane Sandy relief efforts in Monmouth County.
- Recipient of the 2012 Carolyn Sebastianelli award for Distinguished Member, NJ Dietetic Association
- Member of the Holmdel Foundation for Excellence in Education
- Member of the NJ Obesity Task Force 2008
- ABC, Inc., Volunteer of the Year Award, June 1998 - recognized for commitment and dedication to community service.
- Manhattan Profile - New York Newsday, July 15, 1994 - featured in an article for excellence in community service.
- Let’s Move! Newark - Partner, provide expertise for Sprinting 2 Spring Initiative
Get Fit NJ, Member
- NJ Partnership for Healthy Kids State Advisory Council, Member
- City Harvest - Celebrity Food Council Member and Nutritionist for Out Run Hunger for ING NYC Marathon Team
- Member of the Marlboro Township Farmland, Historic, Open Space Preservation Committee
- Chairwoman of the Marlboro Township Health & Fitness Committee.
- The Momentum AIDS Project, New York, NY – Tastings Co-Chair, Board of Directors, 1995 - 2003 - participate in strategic planning, fundraising, and design for a program with 1,000 participants.
- Volunteer Camp Counselor - Birch Family Camp - camp for children and families living with HIV (6 summers)
- Served as a weekly soup kitchen volunteer in NYC for almost 10 years.
- Volunteer for God's Love We Deliver in the 1990s
- Volunteer for GMHC's Dance and Walk-a-Thons in the 1990s